Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 3: How to make a business

So I was looking online today to find information on how to create and get my business up and running.
There is so much that goes into getting a business started and I've realized that if you look at it as a whole it can get rather overwhelming: legal stuff, business plans, website, business cards, patents, document after document, and the list goes on.
So instead of looking at it as a whole, I am gonna start step by step. I found today a few websites on the beginning process of creating a business.
I first have to say that I got an additional job as a part-time booking agent with My Flower Box. It is a floral design bridal and event company. I will be working with a floral designer and will be getting paid to schedule consultations with her clientele. She's teaching me everything she knows about event and wedding planning, as well as how to start a business. Towards summer I will most likely step in as the photographer for the company and hopefully have my company on the move.

Anyway to continue, this is what I found:

I need to create a business plan and a start-up plan. This is any plan that works for a business to look ahead.

A start up plan consists of a summary, mission statement, keys to success, market analysis, and break-even analysis.
If you don't know what those things are, don't worry. I'll brief you when I make them :)

I also found information on a trademark and Copyright!!! Yippeee... that is exciting!

Check out these links:

Trademark

Copyright

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job Maggie. Keep your heart on Jesus. . . he is busy at work with His plan for you.

    ReplyDelete